We’ve made a number of upgrades to the PB&J Pledge. What, you haven’t taken the PB&J Pledge? It’s simple: Pledge to eat a number of plant-based breakfasts, lunches, and dinners per week, and see how many resources you save.
Here are the recent improvements:
- If you check the “Remind Me” box when taking the pledge, you now get reminded—and thanked—about your cumulative resource savings for the year. You’ll receive thank-you reminders twice a year.
If you filled out the pledge in the past (up to June 1, 2012) and checked this box, you should have received your first 2012 thank-you reminder by now. If not, please email us and we’ll correct the problem.
- We added US territories, military APO codes, and Canadian provinces to the state dropdown (now the state/province dropdown).
- We added every country in the world to the country dropdown.
- Pledge amounts—the total number of plant-based breakfasts, lunches, and dinners per week—must be greater than zero.
The thank-you emails contain an “unsubscribe” link, in case you no longer want to receive twice-yearly reminders about your pledge.
We’re looking at additional enhancements to the PB&J Pledge in the future:
- The ability to edit your pledge directly rather than re-fill out the pledge form. (You can also email us with changes.)
- Including lifetime cumulative resource savings from your pledge in the reminder emails. These totals will take into account any changes to your pledge amount over time.
- Random prizes to new pledges, most improved pledge, etc.